Saturday 07 April 2012 7:49:01 pm
Here are the minutes of the 19th Community Project Board meeting. Our previous minutes can be found here.
Present: Nicolas, Gilles, Greg and Robin (Gaetano on Holiday and Bertrand excused)
During this meeting our focus was fully on one single subject: further improving the processes around pull requests on Github and bug report triage. Our other items are still on-going and their status can be viewed in our previous meeting minutes.
Between the previous and this meeting we have been working on a draft for these improved processes. A digest, on how we want to start this up is listed below:
Phase 1 : Immediate actions
- Github notifications for pull-requests to land on the CPB mailing-list
- Follow process described in our draft doc.
- Create a spreadsheet listing community members + eZ Engineers/employees by technical speciality. Add : github handle, twitter handle, google+ account. Spreadsheet to be made available to the triage team too.
Phase 2 : creating the "eZ Publish Triage Team" (temp. name ! )
- Crisp description of this team, for "Selling" it : roles, responsibilites.
- In the first rounds, focus on managing the pull-requests. Later on: triaging the bugs in JIRA
- Steered by the CPB
- Every CPB member contacts one candidate for the team + short-screening by the CPB when opening it up to more applicants
- Practical pre-requisites :
- have a github account
- have an eZ Ecosystem account
- Optional : Twitter and G+ handles. Skype account.
- Signed CLA
- Training material to be prepared by the CPB : tools, how-tos, communicational aspects
- Create a dedicated team page on share.ez.no
- Mailing-list for this team
- Badges for this team :
- Member of the team
- Welcome letter from eZ, thanking them. Snail mail.