Community Project Board meeting minutes - March 28th
Tuesday 05 April 2011 11:37:58 am
The minutes of the periodic Community Project Board's meeting
Decisions & actions made
Mission statement & values:
- everybody work (offline) on a proposal, submit it before next meeting
- Gilles+Andrew : investigate existing tools and come back with a proposal before next meeting
- Nico: prepare logo, templates, slides
- Nico: ask eZ for demo material/scripts
Release policy :
- Ole Marius : integrate the feedback and discussion into new (final?) version of the doc
- Ole Marius : prepare material / ideas with help of Engineering to foster discussion
- Gaetano : publish the minutes
Tools for the board :
- Postponed topic : Specify interaction with share.ez.no team.
Next meeting date & time
April 5th, 16:00 GMT+1
External Communication on Cty Project
Mission statement & Values
Proposition: rework mission statement (to be included both in governance doc http://share.ez.no/community-project/governance-framework-document and in other material such as slides)
- Long-term view/projection
- "Open, Reliable, Adaptable"
Example : Joomla's one
3 paragraphs: mission, vision, values
short phrases + details below
Decision: everybody work (offline) on a proposal, submit it before next meeting
Add opening paragraph to Governance doc: will be extracted from the final mission statement.
(Temporary) place for publishing events calendar.
- have it on share.ez.no or other external calendaring tool?
- one calendar for the whole team?
- integration APIs welcome
Suggestions: linkedin, lanyrd, eventful, facebook
Decision: Gilles+Andrew investigate existing tools and come back with a proposal before next meeting
Content of the evangelizing material (eZ Community, eZ Publish, EE/CP)
- types of material to produce:
- presentation templates
- slides, esp. introductive material (mission statement etc...)
- videos / screencasts
- demo virtual machines ?
- online demo website ?
- demo setups take a lot of maintenance time
- virtual machines are hard to share because of their size
- using scripted scenarios is suggested for demos: avoid making mistakes because of short time / stress / missing sleep ;-)
Decision: go for slides/templates first, scripted demos second, full vm/online site last
Nico: prepare logo, templates, slides
Nico: ask eZ for demo material/scripts
Processing the received feedback, prepare presentation of final decision.
Dive into practical details:
- branching: stay with the master branch as community-controlled one even during qa phase: engineering will create a separate branch for the enterprise release
Rescheduled for discussion next time:
- releases frequency
- build farm
- release responsibility
- release + build availability (Download page, redesign required by share.ez.no team ?)
- changelogs per build (format, tools/procedures to produce them)
- coding standards
- required content when submitting a pull-request (bug-fix, small to mid-size feature, larger feature) : unit-tests, inline doc, functional doc, install doc, issue in the tracker, etc.
- point releases / how many branches are maintained
- content of builds / release (packaged extensions and so on)
Decision: Ole Marius integrate the feedback and discussion into few (final?) version of the doc
Ole Marius prepare material / ideas with help of Engineering to foster discussion
Tools for the Board
Specify interaction with share.ez.no team.
Decision: reschedule topic for next meeting