eZ Community » Blogs » Community Project Board » eZ Community Board meeting, June 28,...

By

eZ Community Board meeting, June 28, 2017

Friday 07 July 2017 5:28:35 pm

  • Currently 3 out of 5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Here are the minutes of the latest Community Board meeting,  June 28, 2017. Our previous minutes can be found here.

Present: Robin, Jani, Ivo, Donat (Excused: Bertrand, Sylvain, Sébastien )

Agenda:

Open meeting

Announcements

  • -

Topics to be added to agenda?

  • -

Next meeting

  • 2 weeks from now, same time

1 - eZ Platform - Legacy - Admin UI

Status:  Everyone gets the opportunity to read the summary and comment in the doc or through e-mail. Without major questions, Robin will published this on share.ez.no and share with Mugo web. Robin will send Ivo an e-mail to ask about Admin UI and any preferences where to host it, on which repository. Robin will then follow up on the other actions listed in the summary. (Edit Jun 15, Ivo: Admin UI will remain on the Netgen GitHub repository).

Still open:

  • Open source Admin-UI on a Github organization to be defined (eZ Systems, eZ community or Netgen are the three options discussed)
  • Set up the initial crew of maintainers and taggers of the eZ Publish legacy kernel community edition
  • Agree on a place where documentation will live for these efforts
  • Agree on release process and communication channels

Minutes: Robin to contact Bertrand and Sylvain who can be the initial contact from eZ/Engineering to start this action (open up repo, provide access etc).

Documentation: on doc.ez.no and on GitHub (markdown file with instructions). Composer used to manage versions/tags. Communication through a blog post.

2 - Status/improvement share.ez.no

Status: Discussed progress on improvements on ezplatform.com. We discussed which options we have for a forum; custom development on ezplatform,com, flarum or discourse. Robin will look at the last two options this week. Decision to be made during the next meeting which option we use. Robin explained that having a forum is also important as a ‘home’ for the community. We can not rule out Slack, but we can promote the forum, so we keep our knowledge. Sylvain confirmed it will not be tied to the single sign on as used for share.ez.no. Robin will also check what Symfony uses for discussion and QA platform (http://symfony.com/blog/symfony-support-stack-overflow-as-the-main-medium )

Minutes: Discussing stack overflow. Important: tags and synonyms, should point to the same ‘place’. Donat shared https://stackoverflow.com/tags/symfony/info. https://stackoverflow.com/tags/ezplatform/info. Domain also valuable for SEO, find-ability of issues etc.

Robin: to check with Roland about branding. Would this be a problem to move to Stack Overflow (SO is one of the options, along with a new forum)? Robin checks branding options.

Proudly Developed with from