Call for translations !
Wednesday 03 February 2010 1:58:51 pm
eZ Publish 4.3 is getting closer, time to strengthen and coordinate our localization effort !
In the past, community contributions for translations have not always been handled in the best way. We remember especially of translations that should have been packaged with the eZ Publish distribution, that were not ... and this for quite some time !
We really wish to improve this and also be more respectful to community members who spend a lot of their time on translating and localizing eZ Publish.
We suggest the following process:
- Setup of a unique SVN repository to gather all community translations. This has been done under the form of a project on projects.ez.no. Become member of the project and read more here: http://projects.ez.no/ezpublish_translation
- Setup of a unique forum per language. This is now live, here : Translation
- eZ Systems Engineering will systematically consider translations from the community available there, for each release, simply going into a short quality check before committing them into the official release of eZ Publish.
While this new process applies, from now on, to all eZ Publish releases, the key dates for the 4.3 one are:
- From now and before, strings in trunk are already well defined and can be used to start translations
- February 22nd: String freeze release. From that point, all strings are defined and translators can finalize their translations
- March 10th: eZ Engineering team will collect translations from the community in order to package them with the final distribution, any translation provided later will not be included in the distribution
- March 30th: release of eZ Publish 4.3 with an astonishing quality regarding translations
For each release of eZ Publish, the key dates will be communicated to the community through this channel
Feel free to comment !