Wednesday 18 June 2008 5:10:11 pm - 3 replies
I have tried to add to my site a new lenguage (French)
When i try to see site contents in French (not in the administration page), I get this error:
You do not have permission to access this area</b>
Is it a policy problem?
I read this page from the technical manual:
but the permission seems to be apply on <i>edit</i> or <i>create</i>, not on <i>read</i>
Thanks - Lisa
Friday 07 August 2009 4:10:55 am
Thank you. This seemed so simple and yet non-obvious of a fix for my problem as well.
For anyone else who has this problem, here is what I saw. First, I needed to change the name of the site, because our company name changed. This involved changing the name of the siteaccess, the custom design folder, the database name, and much, much more. I even exported the database and used 'sed' to replace all occurrences of the old name with the new name. I thought that should take care of it. I made sure, with 'grep', that no occurrences of the old name existed anywhere in the filesystem, as well.
But then, the anonymous role could no longer access the site. I could still see the site if I logged in as Administrator, and I could see the back-end. But any other user, or anonymous (not logged in) would get an error on all pages. The error was "kernel(1)" (Access denied).
Finally after digging around, and finding this thread, I noticed that the Anonymous role had a suspicious policy: "user login SiteAccess( )" (that is, no site access was specified). I guess the old siteaccess name didn't get replaced in that policy for some reason. Adding the new siteaccess name brought everything back into harmony.
You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!