eZ Community » Forums » Discussions » eZ Publish legacy 2017.08 and legacy...
expandshrink

Saturday 02 September 2017 12:15:45 am - 5 replies

» Read full blog post

Introduction

eZ Publish legacy 2017.08 is here, offering a single release to use both for the new eZ Platform Enterprise users coming from eZ Publish, and for community users that has previously been forced to pick one of the many community forks.

Monday 04 September 2017 12:51:13 am

Hello,

Will this release be packaged for download on http://share.ez.no/downloads/downloads?

Cheers,
Heath

Tuesday 05 September 2017 7:53:29 pm

Hello Heath, I will get back to you tomorrow on your question.

Monday 11 September 2017 11:50:49 am

Hi Heath,

The new release series are available via composer, for install with eZ Platform which is the main scenario eZ Systems focuses on here, this is in the process of being documented.

For eZ Community still using pure legacy, we should document that both on download folder here, and on the readme of ezpublish-legacy. In the meantime you can follow the older 4.x instructions and instead of doing tarball steps get the release via for instance the following command (this will always give you latests):

composer create-project --no-dev --keep-vcs ezsystems/ezpublish-legacy

Note: It's actually easier to keep legacy update-to-date when using it with eZ Platform, as it will then be installed as a more or less normal composer package which is simpler to keep up to date, with no need to checkout the whole source like shown above. This will especially become more clear once the following is in:

Modified on Monday 11 September 2017 11:53:02 am by André R

Thursday 14 September 2017 10:02:55 pm

Hello Andre,

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed reply. I think that based on your response the share.ez.no/downloads should be updated to reflect and communicate more clearly this solution to prevent continued use of very old versions of eZ, which seem to keep coming up in the forums and else where.

Cheers,
Heath

Monday 18 September 2017 8:37:52 pm

Hello Heath,

Once the documentation André refers to is finished, and we also have something for pure legacy, I will make sure to adjust the information on the /downloads page here.

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from