Thursday 10 May 2012 12:35:04 pm
Other than these small nitpicks below : I love it !!!
About the installation procedure :
- Fix the tarball top-level directory name : extensions --> extension
- Propose a default ImportNodeID that is present in a stock eZ Publish Community Project webin/ezflow installation
- Mention in step #4 of the README / installation process that the instagram.ini[instagram]RedirectURI directive must be modified too
- Step #6 should be placed after step #10 (some might run the cronjob by reading step#6, even if it is only explicitly mentioned in step #10 - just to avoid PEBKAC issues)
- Add logging capability for pictures import --> useful to troubleshoot when relying on external services, the raliability of which might break the system.
- The default tags should be commented-out I think. Upon the first sync with eZ Publish, all photos of the instagr.am feed are tagged automatically. I am still not sure about this one. The fun effect is that it got me 85 likes in 3 minutes (while I barely have 20 pictures :) ). Or maybe just make the tags a bit more generic ? (ex: removing 'iphone4' ? ).
Usages I can picture :
- Instagram pictures roll on a blog landing-page,
- Sync of Instagram comments and comments under the picture in eZ Publish : merging web commenting and in-app mobile commenting : the social fusion,
- Publishing to Instagr.am from eZ Publish, with link to eZ Publish article as comment under the instagram post (for bloggers, brand ambassadors reviewing products, journalists, reporters, etc...)
Keep-up Florian and thanks for this very cool contribution !