This site has been archived and you can no longer log in or post new messages. For up-to-date community resources please visit ezplatform.com

eZ Community » Forums » Developer » 2012.4 breaking INI ordering?
expandshrink

2012.4 breaking INI ordering?

2012.4 breaking INI ordering?

Monday 07 May 2012 4:13:10 am - 3 replies

I keep my siteaccesses in extensions, symlink settings/siteaccess/my_site to said extension siteaccesses and use ActiveAccessExtensions for specifying extensions.  The result is that I can easily order Extensions and INI settings overrides on a per siteaccess basis.  It looks like this:

/settings/override/site.ini.append.php (no ActiveExtensions)
/settings/siteaccess/my_site (symlink to siteaccess below)
/extension/my_site/settings/siteaccess/my_site/site.ini.append.php (ActiveAccessExtensions[])
/extension/my_site/settings/ezjscore.ini.append.php (overrides ezjscore.ini)

I updated my site from 2012.2 to 2012.4 and my INI ordering unravelled.

Maybe this particular setup no longer works to my advantage, or maybe there is a different way to skin this cat, ... or maybe there is a bug.

Now, I would love to dive into the code and work out from the thousands of commits which one(s) have possibly effected this change; but maybe someone else has a clue?

I'm going to play with my setup, and if I find a solution, I'll post it here.

Thanks in advance!
Geoff 

Monday 07 May 2012 9:45:20 am

I do not know if this is the cause of your issues, but the loading of extensions is (well, can be depnding on your settings) defined by the extensions themselves - making you ordering in the settings obsolete:

http://doc.ez.no/eZ-Publish/Technical-manual/4.4/Installation/Extensions/Extension-load-ordering

Basically, extensions can now have 'dependencies' listed.  All of thes dependencies are considered across all extensions and a load order is then defined by this.

Items of interest to see if this is the case:

the 'dependencies' section in the extension.xml per extension
See if the dependencies load ordering is enabled: 

<span class="line">site.ini
[ExtensionSettings]</span><span class="line">    
ExtensionOrdering=enabled</span>

Monday 07 May 2012 10:59:16 am

Hi Geoff,

extension ordering was, infact, broken in CP 2012.01 & 2012.02 and it was fixed in 2012.03.

See here for explanation: https://github.com/ezsystems/ezpublish/commit/e22e25791d803e4cbc8f15a2508abe3b6c90b3c1#commitcomment-1083131

Modified on Monday 07 May 2012 11:00:24 am by Edi Modrić

Monday 07 May 2012 12:03:14 pm

Thanks David - I did check this out, but the behaviour was the same, regardless.

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from