eZ Community » Forums » Developer » SJSD WYSIWYG editor based on...
expandshrink

SJSD WYSIWYG editor based on FCKEditor for ezxmltext

SJSD WYSIWYG editor based on FCKEditor for ezxmltext

Wednesday 12 April 2006 5:56:35 pm - 236 replies

This thread is for the project SJSD (contribute: http://ez.no/community/contribs/a...d_real_fckeditor_xmltext_integration )

Please ask your questions in this thread rather in the contribution section.
If you do not expect replys, please add comment in the contribute section happy.gif Emoticon

<b>HOWTO DEBUG this extension</b>
As the nature of this project, there are two main sources of bugs: javascript running in client side and the server side php scripts

DEBUG Javascript:
*Firefox (at least 1.5) comes with a javascript console, and it can give precise information about where and why some commands in the javascripts fail.

*IE: without Microsoft script editor/debugger, the error message is basically useless. One of them is recommanded (Microsoft script debugger is free for downloading).

DEBUG PHP:
When using the editor, there are two buttons at the end of the toolbar: the first one will show the current html source of the editor. The second one is more interesting: onloading, it will communicate with ez publish server to get the converted xml from the current html source. There will be a button "Output" after the xml is displayed, it will ask the server to convert the xml back to html, and show it in the window. After this, a ok button will appear, which can be used to set the new generated html back to the sjsd editor.

<b>BEFORE REPORT BUGS</b>
Please check bugs and "feature requests" sections in our homepage: http://sf.net/projects/scim
if it is not there, you can file one (the prefered method), or state it here

Modified on Tuesday 11 January 2011 9:59:40 am by Nicolas Pastorino

Tuesday 25 April 2006 5:06:29 pm

Hi Iiu

I am using IE 6 SP2

S.

Tuesday 25 April 2006 5:17:49 pm

Hmm, playing with the spellchecker button. I can get the dialog up and the process starting but the content window has a module not found error. adding php to the rewrite rule seems to fix this though im not totally sure on the wisdom for this.

however, i get blank results from the spellchecker. any ideas?

paul

Tuesday 25 April 2006 5:33:33 pm

to Sinisa:
confirmed, it is a bug in that js. could you file a bug in SF please?

anyone report a bug, please use the bug tracker in SF, and state the version for eZ, php, browser name and version

to Paul:
sorry, do not have time to deal with that now. Currently the highest priority is to make it work as expected. Extra features will be worked on later happy.gif Emoticon

Tuesday 25 April 2006 8:17:13 pm

to Kristof:
did you notice I update the bug 1475996?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/in...&group_id=164632&atid=832503

When you have time, please post comment there

Tuesday 25 April 2006 10:07:05 pm

Hello!
This might be a stupid question, but I hope you all may excuse my stupidness...
Can anybody give me an example on a re-write rule that might work with my web server (since my web hosting company is running virtual host).

Regards

Vidar

Wednesday 26 April 2006 7:27:34 am

to Sinisa:
all the issues you reported should have be fixed in svn

and the SVN is compatible with ez publish 3.8 now (<b>svn may be broken under ez 3.6 now, as ez 3.6 is not supported any more</b>blunk.gif Emoticon

to Vidar Østevik:
try this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule !\.(gif|jpe?g|png|css|js|html|xml)|var(.+)storage.pdf(.+)\.pdf$ /index.php

Wednesday 26 April 2006 8:29:10 am

For the people who are using the rewrite rules mentioned at http://ez.no/doc/ez_publish/techn.../3_6/installation/virtual_host_setup , you can add these rules to get SJSD to work:

RewriteRule ^/extension/sjsd/(FCKeditor|fcksjsd)/.* - [L]
RewriteRule ^/extension/[^/]+/design/[^/]+/fckskins/.* - [L]

Thursday 27 April 2006 6:35:53 pm

I switched over to the new style rewrite rules and now i can spellcheck. Its lovely happy.gif Emoticon

The configuration of the spellchecker is hardcoded to run aspell on windows unfortunately so it needs a tiny comment/uncomment in:

/extension/sjsd/FCKeditor/editor/dialog/fck_spellerpages/spellerpages/server-scripts/spellchecker.php

for linux support.

paul

Friday 28 April 2006 2:23:16 am

to Paul Forsyth:
thanks for the info.

to EVERYONE:
the svn trunk now supports custom tags (both inline and block), please have a try
(do not forget to clear your server/client cache)

it is much more advanced than what OE provides, enjoy

Friday 28 April 2006 11:36:29 am

Trying with latest svn (rev 94), using 3.8 beta 2.

I have a few problems. I cant seem to be able to activate the custom tags. Is there a specific icon i should be able to see?

Also, if i try to insert an object the 'upload new' button does not do anything if i click it.

Paul

Friday 28 April 2006 12:46:22 pm

I see the bug report on sourceforge for the upload button now happy.gif Emoticon

paul

Friday 28 April 2006 2:50:25 pm

Hi,

I may have missed something, but I am getting the error Unknown Node: img when I insert an image object.

I'm using ezPublish 3.7.5 and SJSD trunk rev 94. and FCKeditor 2.2.

I tracked the error back to the file:
ezxmltext/handlers/input/sjsdxmlinput.php
and tried a few changes to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this error?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Modified on Friday 28 April 2006 2:53:56 pm by Andrew Clarke

Friday 28 April 2006 3:25:38 pm

Hi Liu,

I'm using ezPublish 3.7.5, PHP 4.4.2, SJSD trunk rev 90. and FCKeditor 2.2.

I've been having some problems with french characters :

=> <<l'école>> is replaced by <<l'&eacutecole>> when i save with editor enabled
=> It’s ok when i save with editor disabled

I’m using this meta :

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-language" content="fr-FR" />

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Meskini

Friday 28 April 2006 3:37:16 pm

re: Andrew Clarke

I get this too, with 3.8. I created an image and added it using the browse mode of the insert object dialog. This then appeared inline but when i went to publish it didnt store properly and i see "The draft was only partially stored." with "Unknown node: XXX Ignored." where XXX was actually my image!

Digging around it looks like in function convertParagraphDomNode of /extension/sjsd/ezxmltext/handlers/input/sjsdxmlinput.php tries to check the name of the dom node but can't find an 'if' condition to match against. In this case the node name is '#textembed'.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Modified on Friday 28 April 2006 3:41:04 pm by Paul Forsyth

Friday 28 April 2006 4:40:13 pm

to Paul Forsyth:
custom tag is implemented in the last button (atm) in the toolbar (you forgot to clear your server/client cache, didn't you?)

to Paul Forsyth and Andrew Clarke:
embed tag issue is fixed in svn r95
in fact, the tag is embed, not #textembed, but good try, Paul blunk.gif Emoticon

to meskini:
you may encounter this bug:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/in...&group_id=164632&atid=832503

I thought I fixed it. Anyway, I will investigate this

Friday 28 April 2006 5:06:06 pm

Thanks Liu / Paul,

This fixed my problem, but it is now giving the error:

Body: No 'href' attribute in 'embed' tag.

When I insert an image. Any ideas?

Friday 28 April 2006 5:11:33 pm

re: embed tag issue (r95)

i tried my image again and get a different error:

Short description: No 'href' attribute in 'embed' tag.

this was an object create from the standard image class in 3.8.

ok, i see the customtag button now. i guess you meant browser cache? after clearing firefox, restarting apache and clearing eZ cache it appeared happy.gif Emoticon using the factbox is a little odd but i guess thats what the code does!

paul

Friday 28 April 2006 5:30:42 pm

to Andrew Clarke and Paul Forsyth:
seems you two have similar bugs again happy.gif Emoticon

fixed in svn r96

to Andrew Clarke:
please consider using utf-8, so you won't have any troubles with encoding

to Paul Forsyth:
ez 3.8 support is not so well tested, so you may have more issues than in ez 3.7
the inline custom tag support suffers from this bug:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/in...8&group_id=75348&atid=543653

Modified on Friday 28 April 2006 5:48:27 pm by liu spider

Friday 28 April 2006 5:33:49 pm

after upgrade to a new version of SJSD (or svn up), it is recommanded to clear both server side cache and client side cache (firefox is a bit strange, but you can install an extension to have a "clear cache" button in your toolbar)

Clear server side cache can be cleared by using the debug toolbar. no need to restart apache

Anyone use SJSD in windows IE? It sometimes freeze my IE and my whole windows XP, I have to power it off to get rid of it! which is really annoying.

Who knows an extension to IE which will terminate runaway javascript? It is hard to debug if everytime I try to reproduce it will lead into total crash of windows!

In firefox, it works fine and I never experience crash (ok, some times it crashes due to some stupid bugs)

Modified on Friday 28 April 2006 5:52:40 pm by liu spider

Friday 28 April 2006 6:31:34 pm

Hi liu,

I'm using ez 3.7.5, PHP 4.4.2, sjsd rev 96.

I've two xml block : intro and subject
When the two field are empty i have this message :

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /data/hosting/brainguide/pages/extension/sjsd/ezxmltext/handlers/input/sjsdxmlinput.php on line 1015
Fatal error: eZ publish did not finish its request

Thank's for your help.

MESKINI

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from