This site has been archived and you can no longer log in or post new messages. For up-to-date community resources please visit ezplatform.com

eZ Community » Forums » Discussions » eZ Publish Community Project 2011.8...
expandshrink

Monday 22 August 2011 6:30:11 pm - 6 replies

» Read full blog post

Introduction

Build number 5 of eZ Publish Community Project is now available, going by the sweet name of 2011.8. Read on for all details.

Friday 26 August 2011 10:40:20 am

After upgrading from 2011.7 to 2011.8, trying to update priority of nodes in admin2 fails silently on my installation (ezjscore call results in webserver saying it can't find index_ajax.php).

I suspect the error is in one of the javascript files, because it starts occuring after flushing the browser cache (thus reloading previously cached scripts from 2011.7).

Anyone else experience this problem? I haven't had time to delve deeply enough to file a bugreport, but I might do so if anyone else is experiencing this.

Modified on Friday 26 August 2011 10:40:55 am by Daniel A. Øien

Friday 26 August 2011 11:21:03 am

Hei Daniel,

I just tested on a fresh instal and it works fine. 

Stupid question : have you also updated the index_ajax.php file after upgrading (with the one shipped in extension/ezjscore/index_ajax.php ) ?

You may also want to test the behaviour without the apache rewrite rule towards index_ajax.php.

Let us know how things go,
Thanks for the feedback, 

Friday 26 August 2011 12:06:16 pm

Thanks - it was the rewrite rule for index_ajax.php that caused the problem. Strange, because I've had that rule for all the builds since 4.5 without problems.

Friday 26 August 2011 1:31:38 pm

This is not working properly after having placed index_ajax.php at the root of the eZ Publish instance ?

Cheers,

Friday 26 August 2011 3:16:11 pm

The new index_ajax.php has been copied to the root of the installation, but the problem remains as long as the rewrite rule is present. Setting priority in admin2 works when I remove it.

It's an Nginx rewrite, so I'm going to debug it some more to see if there's a problem in it. The reason I found this strange is that previous upgrades from 2011.4 all the way to 2011.7, using the recommended upgrade steps, have not resulted in any problems due to the rewrite.

Modified on Friday 26 August 2011 3:22:19 pm by Daniel A. Øien

Friday 26 August 2011 3:48:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback Daniel.

I would be interested in knowing why this stopped working for 2011.8, all of a sudden. The evil is in the details, some other issue might be causing this.

Have a wonderful week-end,
Cheers, 

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from