eZ Community » Forums » Extensions » eZ find elevation - international...
expandshrink

eZ find elevation - international characters

eZ find elevation - international characters

Friday 11 May 2012 1:37:36 pm - 4 replies

I have a site using a standard eZ Find 2.2 and is using the elevation feature in admin to elevate certain search words. This works fine on words using "normal" characters, but if I include one of the three Norwegian characters then no results shows up in the search result.

Is this a known problem? Can I do any configuration changes to solve this?

Friday 11 May 2012 2:28:31 pm

The problem seems to occur when eZ Find synchronises elevate configuration (essentially updating the elevate.xml file) through the bundled Jetty server.

Check extension/ezfind/java/etc/webdefault.xml and change the encoding for your locale, for example:

  <locale-encoding-mapping><locale>no</locale><encoding>UTF-8</encoding></locale-encoding-mapping>

Then restart Solr and resynchronise elevation. You may have to redo old elevations if it doesn't work immediately.

Modified on Friday 11 May 2012 2:33:10 pm by Daniel A. Øien

Friday 11 May 2012 3:39:58 pm

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately it doesnt seem to work. How does eZ Find know what of the languages in locale-encoding-mapping I am using? Does "no" have to be in one of the settings? I have set most of the language settings to nor-NO, but there are so many of them I might have missed one.

Friday 11 May 2012 5:04:16 pm

"no" doesn't have to be in any of the eZ settings.

The problem was related to the locale setting on one of my servers - I'm now not sure Jetty had anything to do with it, although changing the Jetty encoding did help on the server that had correct locale settings.

When the LANGUAGE environment variable did not contain "no", the elevation synchronisation produced strange characters in the elevate.xml file. Once I set my environment properly, elevation worked.

So this is the locale setup that works for me:

locale

LANG=nb_NO.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=nb_NO:nb_no:no_NO:no:nn_NO:nn:en
LC_CTYPE="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="nb_NO.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Modified on Friday 11 May 2012 5:05:16 pm by Daniel A. Øien

Friday 11 May 2012 6:50:13 pm

Thanks, you are right. Seems like the elevate.xml file is in the wrong file format. Not sure I can fix it on the server it is running on, but converting the file manually did at least solve the problem temporary.

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from