eZ Community » Forums » eZ Publish 5 Platform » Upgrading from 2013.1 to 2013.4
expandshrink

Upgrading from 2013.1 to 2013.4

Upgrading from 2013.1 to 2013.4

Wednesday 24 April 2013 10:32:04 pm - 6 replies

I tried to upgrade my eZPublish installation from 2013.1 to 2013.4,

but there is a problem with the ezpublish.spi.persistence.cache.sectionhandler service,

there is a 'cache' service missing.

I got this message when I ran ezpublish/console container:debug

[Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException]     The service "ezpublish.spi.persistence.cache.sectionhandler" has a dependen    cy on a non-existent service "cache"

I guess there is a special procedure for upgrading an eZ 5 version.

How to do it ?

Wednesday 24 April 2013 11:04:48 pm

Did you run composer install first? There is a new dependency on Stash and StashBundle which provides the cache service.

Thursday 25 April 2013 12:22:37 am

I found the source of the error,

TedivmStashBundle was missing in EzPublishKernel.

After that I did encounter the following error, and fixed it with the last version of eZFormToken

(https://github.com/ezsystems/ezpu.../ezformtoken/event/ezxformtoken.php)

FatalErrorException: Error: Call to undefined method ezxFormToken::setIsEnabled() in /Users/manue/Documents/Bruno/mamp_htdocs/ezpublish5/vendor/ezsystems/ezpublish-kernel/eZ/Bundle/EzPublishLegacyBundle/LegacyMapper/Configuration.php line 168

Now I have the follonwing exception 

An exception has been thrown during the compilation of a template ("There is no "cssrewrite" filter."blunk.gif Emoticon in "eZDemoBundle::page_head_style.html.twig".

Thursday 25 April 2013 1:33:44 am

I tried another upgrade from a backup of my 2013.1 install.

I did update the composer.json and composer.lock files, and then ran composer.phar.

Composer did a lot of upgrades.

Then I run ezpublish/console container:debug and I can see the service cache (alias for stash.default_cache).

But there is now my infamous message 'ServiceNotFoundException: The service "ezpublish.spi.persistence.cache.sectionhandler" has a dependency on a non-existent service "cache"'.

I know I'm missing something, but can't figure what.

Thursday 25 April 2013 9:54:18 am

EzPublishKernel was'nt up to date.

Problem is now fixed.

So the upgrade process is quite simple, juste update composer.json and composer.lock, and let composer.phar do the job, really great.

First time I did used composer, very good tool indeed.

Maybe you can add this in the installation guide ?

Thursday 25 April 2013 10:03:00 am

Cool !

Yes, Composer is a really nice tool happy.gif Emoticon

Quote from Nguyen Huu Bruno :

Maybe you can add this in the installation guide ?

True happy.gif Emoticon

Tuesday 30 April 2013 1:03:13 pm

Quote from Nguyen Huu Bruno :

EzPublishKernel was'nt up to date.

Problem is now fixed.

Nguyen Huu Bruno, can you tell me how did you solve the problem ?

I've launched  "php composer.phar update". It took a long time to download everything, but I still have this error :

ServiceNotFoundException: The service "ezpublish.spi.persistence.cache.sectionhandler" has a dependency on a non-existent service "cache".

I tried to add "tedivm/stash-bundle": "dev-master" in my composer.json, but it did no change anything.

Any idea ?

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from