This site has been archived and you can no longer log in or post new messages. For up-to-date community resources please visit ezplatform.com

eZ Community » Forums » Install & configuration » eZ 2013.5 ezsetup issue - internal...
expandshrink

eZ 2013.5 ezsetup issue - internal server error (chmod & symlinks)

eZ 2013.5 ezsetup issue - internal server error (chmod & symlinks)

Thursday 23 May 2013 11:27:23 am - 2 replies

If you are:

- Getting an "Internal Server Error" page when you try to access www.example.com/web/index.php/ezsetup

- using Linux/UNIX, htaccess and the chmod method (for "Setting up folder permissions", ref install instructions).

Then this seems to be working for me:

- restart the entire eZ installation process (I delete the files and unzip from the downloaded file again)

- follow the installation instructions, >> but leave out << the chmod command

Doing  this allows me to access ezsetup instead of getting the "internal server error".

I've submitted an issue report (https://jira.ez.no/browse/EZP-20910). Please see this for a complete explanation.There's probably an easier way to fix this, but it's beyond my expertise at the moment. For reference, when this issue occurs, I can access ezsetup at 

www.example.com/ezpublish_legacy/index.php/ezsetup

But not here:

www.example.com/web/index.php/ezsetup

The chmod command I am referring to is the following, from the "Installing eZ Publish on a Linux/Unix based system" documentation page.

cd /<ezp5-root>/
chmod -R a+rwx ezpublish/{cache,logs,config} \
    ezpublish_legacy/{design,extension,settings,var} web

Modified on Friday 24 May 2013 3:30:32 am by Paul Wilson

Thursday 23 May 2013 12:02:42 pm

Many thanks Paul for sharing, we'll do our best to simplify this part of the documentation. 

Friday 24 May 2013 3:27:42 am

Hi Nicolas, thanks for your reply.

Please regard this as an observation for the moment - a note to anyone experiencing the same thing. It might be a special case or a code-related issue rather than anything about the documentation. (The documentation is clear, makes sense, and a command like that has been part of setting up eZ for many versions now).

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from