This site has been archived and you can no longer log in or post new messages. For up-to-date community resources please visit ezplatform.com

eZ Community » Forums » Install & configuration » File upload... again
expandshrink

File upload... again

File upload... again

Monday 20 January 2003 3:00:54 pm - 8 replies

When I want to upload a file via the File (under 5 MB) class sometimes the file is not uploaded and it leaves the field blank.

Is there a bug with file transfer?

Is there a configuration I should use in apache, php has already been configured!

Thank you.

Monday 20 January 2003 6:01:10 pm

I had this...

I can be that you var/cache/storage directory is not present or the web server does not have access privilages to it.

> When I want to upload a file via the File (under 5 MB) class
> sometimes the file is not uploaded and it leaves the field
> blank.
>
> Is there a bug with file transfer?

Tuesday 21 January 2003 3:22:29 pm

I should tell you that the size of the files I want to transfer are 400 Mo and above!

Tuesday 21 January 2003 3:38:37 pm

> Most php installs have a limit of 8Mb, take a look at the
> post_max_size in phpinfo();
>
> Most providers do this for a reason! Use FTP for files >> 8
> Mb, such as 400 Mb. The http-protocol is not designed for
> such files!

Thank you hans but I forget to write that I've already changed :
post_max_filesize= 1Go
memory_limit=1Go
max_input_time=0 (unlimitited time)
max_execution_time=0 (unlimited time)
upload_max_filesize=1Go

Do you know a way to use a browser to use FTP protocole that works with PC and MAC

Tuesday 21 January 2003 3:53:36 pm

Hi,

Assumption: You cannot upload any files using eZPublish 3 admin interface.

I had something similar to this. For me the problem was that apache did not have sufficient rights to var/cache/storage location.

The solution is to give apache rights to var/cache/storage i.e. chown noone.noone var/cache/storage or something similar.

I hope this helps a little.

Tony

> When I want to upload a file via the File (under 5 MB) class
> sometimes the file is not uploaded and it leaves the field
> blank.
>
> Is there a bug with file transfer?
>
> Is there a configuration I should use in apache, php has
> already been configured!
>
> Thank you.

Tuesday 21 January 2003 4:09:21 pm

> Hi,
>
> Assumption: You cannot upload any files using eZPublish 3
> admin interface.
>
> I had something similar to this. For me the problem was that
> apache did not have sufficient rights to var/cache/storage
> location.
>
> The solution is to give apache rights to var/cache/storage
> i.e. chown noone.noone var/cache/storage or something
> similar.
>
> I hope this helps a little.
>
> Tony
>

Thank you Tony but I've already succeed with uploading files under 2 Mo.

Wednesday 05 February 2003 3:07:53 pm

> > Most php installs have a limit of 8Mb, take a look at
> the
> > post_max_size in phpinfo();
> >
> > Most providers do this for a reason! Use FTP for files >>
> 8
> > Mb, such as 400 Mb. The http-protocol is not designed
> for
> > such files!
>
> Thank you hans but I forget to write that I've already
> changed :
> post_max_filesize= 1Go
> memory_limit=1Go
> max_input_time=0 (unlimitited time)
> max_execution_time=0 (unlimited time)
> upload_max_filesize=1Go
>
> Do you know a way to use a browser to use FTP protocole that
> works with PC and MAC

I'm still having the same problem,
Does someone got a solution?

It's a life or death situation!
thanks.

Wednesday 29 October 2003 11:45:37 am

FYI

Apache also have a limit for the size of a request body.
The directive in question is named : LimitRequestBody

Wednesday 29 October 2003 12:46:53 pm

The directive setting did not have any positive effect on this problem for my site. I still get:
Request Entity Too Large
The requested resource
/admin/content/edit/3863/1/
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
Apache/2.0.40 Server at xxx.xx.x.xx Port 9000

when trying to upload a file that is bigger than ca. 500 KB.
I also checked that apache has full control over all the directories in ezpublish/var.

If anybody has other suggestions PLEASE give me a tip...please... im dying here...

regards,
claÜs

Modified on Wednesday 29 October 2003 12:51:30 pm by Claus Jensen

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from