eZ Community » Forums » Install & configuration » Missing Content Section after...
expandshrink

Missing Content Section after upgrading to version 4

Missing Content Section after upgrading to version 4

Sunday 20 July 2008 8:17:50 pm - 3 replies

My hosting provider recently upgraded the PHP to v5 which promptly stopped my v3.7 site from working. I tried upgrading to version 4 of EZP which seems to have partly worked. The layout of the site is correct but the content section is missing and displays the following:-

Object is unavailable

<i>The object you requested is not currently available.
Possible reasons for this are:
The id or name of the object was misspelled, try changing it.
The object is no longer available on the site.</i>

In the admin site I also can't view the content in the Content, Media or User Account sections.

This only happens when I use the original database and not a new one and I have also tried to export the data from the old database and import it into the database of a fresh install but none of the imported data shows up on the site although it can be seen in the database tables.

I don't have root access to run the multi-language update.

I have trawled through the forums and tried just about everything but I still can't access the data from the original database.

Please help me keep my sanity.

Modified on Sunday 20 July 2008 8:18:51 pm by Paul Cozens

Monday 21 July 2008 8:21:51 am

Hi Paul,

Why do you need root access for running upgrade script?

You must execute this multilanguage script because the db model is different in 4.0. Login to your shell accout and try to run it....

Monday 21 July 2008 9:50:07 am

There are several scripts that needs to be run + sql updates for each version you upgrade, go to the upgrade docs on http://ez.no/doc/ez_publish/upgrading to get all the details.

Modified on Monday 21 July 2008 9:51:15 am by André R

Friday 22 August 2008 2:31:14 pm

I have the same problem after upgrading from 3.9.0 -> 3.10.0 -> 3.10.1 When I upgrade to 3.10.1 and try to load admin interface i don't see any content sad.gif Emoticon Before running admin interface I run all scripts described in upgrade documentation without errors.

<i>edit:</i>
In version 3.10.1 when I changed to Translate=disabled and running after that updateniceurls.php and recompiling templates i have content back in admin inteface.
But next step was upgrade to 4.0.1 version and after that content go away next time sad.gif Emoticon I dont change anything in [URLTranslation] during this update.

Modified on Friday 22 August 2008 4:52:53 pm by Dariusz Włodarczyk

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from