This site has been archived and you can no longer log in or post new messages. For up-to-date community resources please visit ezplatform.com

eZ Community » Forums » Install & configuration » RC2 - content unavailable
expandshrink

RC2 - content unavailable

RC2 - content unavailable

Friday 07 February 2003 1:35:26 pm - 4 replies

I get the following error message when trying to create a new content:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in d:\htdocs\ezpublish-2.9-7\kernel\content\browse.php on line 68
Fatal error: eZ publish did not finish it's request

The execution of eZ publish was abruptly ended, the debug output is present below.
(see also http://shop.ez.no/bug/bugview/1854/)

Also, when I open the user site, I get (Error / kernel(3)) "Object not available"

I have made a clean install (on a system where RC1 still runs without such problems). I am using a new database (MySQL, and it doesn't matter if I install the demo data or not).

However, I can for instance add new content classes without problems...

An idea as what the reason could be, anyone?

Friday 07 February 2003 2:23:49 pm

Additional info:

I have checked the code and found that
"function &fetch( $nodeID )" in class kernel/classes/ezcontentobjecttreenode.php
sets the $returnValue only to the database output, if there is exactly 1 item found:

if ( count( $nodeListArray ) == 1 )
{
$retNodeArray =& eZContentObjectTreeNode::makeObjectsArray( $nodeListArray );
$returnValue =& $retNodeArray[0];
}

Why is that? (The database query seems to fetch the "My folder" item 3 times, so that the count==3 although it's only one item actually.)
I changed the operation to
if ( count( $nodeListArray ) > 0 ) ...
and I could finally add a new content.

Thursday 13 February 2003 7:05:58 pm

I have exactly the same problem.
truetext @ web.de

Friday 14 February 2003 11:16:30 am

> I have exactly the same problem.
> truetext@web.de

I am not entirely sure if that's the reason but I wanted to test "multi-language install" and this option seems to show an error in the SQL query or the result handling.

Have a look at my second post in this thread for an explanation of what I mean: http://developer.ez.no/forum/message/14282/

I have now re-setup RC2 with only one language, patched as proposed and played with the users (couldn't do much there)/roles... and it works now. Sorry if I can't be more specific than that describing what has helped.

Friday 14 February 2003 6:03:07 pm

Tank you happy.gif Emoticon
perhabs it caused by the translation. I need German translation

site.ini

works not (content unavailable):

[RegionalSettings]
Locale=ger-DE
HTTPLocale=
ContentObjectLocale=ger-DE
TextTranslation=enabled

works fine:

[RegionalSettings]
Locale=ger-DE
HTTPLocale=
ContentObjectLocale=eng-GB
TextTranslation=enabled

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from