This site has been archived and you can no longer log in or post new messages. For up-to-date community resources please visit ezplatform.com

eZ Community » Forums » Install & configuration » RC2 - slow & reloads needed
expandshrink

RC2 - slow & reloads needed

RC2 - slow & reloads needed

Thursday 06 February 2003 11:02:33 am - 6 replies

Hello,

now it's my time to ask. happy.gif Emoticon I just went ahead and did a clean install of RC2 on a basically clean, dedicated Linux server, using the setup wizard.

An error during the setup wizard:
- The system didn't like to install the demo data. I got a zero sized reply. When I unchecked "install demo data", the setup went ahead

After that I went ahead and installed the demo manually (cleared the database, ran the demo sql and untarred var.tgz, ran modfix)

For some reason, the installation is quite slow. Even the pages, that should be cached are not much faster.

My install: http://test3.bizmag.de/demo/
Compare to http://beta.ezpublish.no

Now if I was on virtual host, this is ok, but my install is on a 256M 900MHz basically empty dedicated Linux server (where the previous RC ran quite fast).

Also, occasionally I get an error message from the system ("debug presented below..."blunk.gif Emoticon and if I hit reload it works fine.

Any ideas?

Karsten

Thursday 06 February 2003 11:11:01 am

Hi,

Try the standard tarball (not full install) It works well, although the socket field looks to be broken so you will need to run localhost:3400 (or whatever your port is).

Admin interface is fine, and speed here is not too bad, although it looks like element matching is broken... still its too early to comment. Maybe in a few hours...

Good luck with the install

Tony

> Hello,
>
> now it's my time to ask. happy.gif Emoticon I just went ahead and did a
> clean install of RC2 on a basically clean, dedicated Linux
> server, using the setup wizard.
>
> An error during the setup wizard:
> - The system didn't like to install the demo data. I got a
> zero sized reply. When I unchecked "install demo data", the
> setup went ahead
>
> After that I went ahead and installed the demo manually
> (cleared the database, ran the demo sql and untarred
> var.tgz, ran modfix)
>
> For some reason, the installation is quite slow. Even the
> pages, that should be cached are not much faster.
>
> My install: http://test3.bizmag.de/demo/
> Compare to http://beta.ezpublish.no
>
> Now if I was on virtual host, this is ok, but my install is
> on a 256M 900MHz basically empty dedicated Linux server
> (where the previous RC ran quite fast).
>
> Also, occasionally I get an error message from the system
> ("debug presented below..."blunk.gif Emoticon and if I hit reload it works
> fine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Karsten

Thursday 06 February 2003 11:23:07 am

> Hi,
>
> Try the standard tarball (not full install) It works well,
> although the socket field looks to be broken so you will
> need to run localhost:3400 (or whatever your port is).

Did just that. Extracted the tarball, created the database and then ran the WWW install wizard. The only thing I left from RC1 was the rewrite directions in httpd.conf.

>
> Admin interface is fine, and speed here is not too bad,
> although it looks like element matching is broken... still

Could that be the reason for those many irregular (and weird) eZ publish fatal errors?

> its too early to comment. Maybe in a few hours...
>
> Good luck with the install
Thanks, good luck to everyone else who is trying. happy.gif Emoticon

Karsten

Thursday 06 February 2003 11:57:04 am

> Did just that. Extracted the tarball, created the database
> and then ran the WWW install wizard. The only thing I left
> from RC1 was the rewrite directions in httpd.conf.

I did the same thing, on RH8, and it worked, no problemos at all.

But how the he.. (ck) to upgrade an existing installation? happy.gif Emoticon

\atle\
--

Thursday 06 February 2003 4:15:56 pm

> > Did just that. Extracted the tarball, created the
> database
> > and then ran the WWW install wizard. The only thing I
> left
> > from RC1 was the rewrite directions in httpd.conf.
>
> I did the same thing, on RH8, and it worked, no problemos at
> all.
>
> But how the he.. (ck) to upgrade an existing installation?
> happy.gif Emoticon
>
> \atle\
> --

Upgrade -- good question! In particular since rc2 comes with significant changes in the underlying data model (table ezcontentobject etc...). As far as I see, there is no db-upgrade script for rc1-users so far.

Thursday 06 February 2003 4:56:51 pm

Yes, i just tried to upgrade from RC1 to RC2 and had the same problem.

There is a update script in database_update.sql strip out up to RC1 comment then run on your data... Take a backup first using mysqldump or your preferred tool.. As if the fails... due to mysql safe mode of other such thing. You database is cat food.

Tony

> Upgrade -- good question! In particular since rc2 comes with
> significant changes in the underlying data model (table
> ezcontentobject etc...). As far as I see, there is no
> db-upgrade script for rc1-users so far.

Thursday 06 February 2003 9:17:01 pm

Thanks for your hint, Tony. Now, after some rather nasty "hands-on-tables", I finally came to see a running rc2. The performance issue mentioned above in this thread seems to be a real problem, though. My rc2 is definitely much slower than my rc1 was, even after having abandoned all ezp-installers around and after having activated any possible caching within these dozens of new ini-files blunk.gif Emoticon. I think there are some loops too much inside the kernel ...hm.

> Yes, i just tried to upgrade from RC1 to RC2 and had the
> same problem.
>
> There is a update script in database_update.sql strip out up
> to RC1 comment then run on your data... Take a backup first
> using mysqldump or your preferred tool.. As if the fails...
> due to mysql safe mode of other such thing. You database is
> cat food.
>
> Tony
>
> > Upgrade -- good question! In particular since rc2 comes
> with
> > significant changes in the underlying data model (table
> > ezcontentobject etc...). As far as I see, there is no
> > db-upgrade script for rc1-users so far.

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from