This site has been archived and you can no longer log in or post new messages. For up-to-date community resources please visit ezplatform.com

eZ Community » Forums » Install & configuration » (Solved - somehow) Admin interface...
expandshrink

(Solved - somehow) Admin interface (and more) corrupted (4.3/4)

(Solved - somehow) Admin interface (and more) corrupted (4.3/4)

Thursday 29 May 2014 9:24:51 am - 3 replies

I ran into a strange problem: I am running two sites, one 4.3, one 4.4, both hosted on Hostgator. One is ezflow, the other ezwebin. Both use similar layout elements. Now all of a sudden the 4.4 site lost its menu and has a problem in general to show content. If I enter a link to a content page directly it will show up, but it is not listed in its folder.

The 4.3 site does not show this behaviour, but both sites have a corrupted admin interface, looking like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzaRzh3o14YJMGJKWWJSdmx1bG8/edit?usp=sharing

Which means, I can not do much through this interface, I need to edit files. I am not sure what happened here, I am still checking for missing files etc. But perhaps someone has encountered this kind of problem and can give a hint on where to look?

Modified on Friday 30 May 2014 2:02:33 am by Olaf Fichtner

Thursday 29 May 2014 11:02:17 am

Looks like javascript is off...
This is happening to multiple people with multiple browsers?

Any recent changes to the sites?  Did someone turn ezjscore off?

Did your host change php versions recently?

Thursday 29 May 2014 11:17:35 am

Ah, so that's what has hit the admin interface, thanks. Things have actually gotten worse since I posted the above, now I get a 500 error while everything (files and DB) is still there. I do have some suspicion now that this may be related to something the hoster did, so I opened a ticket.

The corrupted layout is the same on different browsers/computers, so it should be something on the server. I had not changed any setting before this happened - more suspicion towards the hoster.

Friday 30 May 2014 2:04:10 am

OK, here is the solution, or at least the reason what happened: The hoster had upgraded PHP from 5.2 to 5.4, this seems to have affected the Zend optimizer. Looks like I need to upgrade after all...

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from