This site has been archived. To learn more about our current products Ibexa Content, Ibexa Experience, Ibexa Commerce head over to the Ibexa Developer Portal

eZ Community » Forums » Install & configuration » Uploading large files
expandshrink

Uploading large files

Uploading large files

Monday 10 February 2003 6:56:33 pm - 15 replies

Please help,

I still have problems to upload large files in classes containing eZBinaryFiles.

Monday 10 February 2003 10:54:17 pm

> Please help,
>
> I still have problems to upload large files in classes
> containing eZBinaryFiles.

What error messages if any are you getting?

How big are the files?

Bruce

Monday 10 February 2003 11:01:29 pm

> What error messages if any are you getting?

No error at all, only a blank object.

> How big are the files?

5.5 Mb

My php configuration is at
upload_max_filesize = 50 Mb

My BinaryFile DataType is at 50 Mb.

I'm desperate...
Thanks for helping me!

Tuesday 11 February 2003 12:13:58 am

> > What error messages if any are you getting?
>
> No error at all, only a blank object.

Are there any errors in the webserver logs?

> > How big are the files?
>
> 5.5 Mb
>
> My php configuration is at
> upload_max_filesize = 50 Mb
>
> My BinaryFile DataType is at 50 Mb.

and it does work for smaller files?
bruce

Tuesday 11 February 2003 3:16:12 am

> Are there any errors in the webserver logs?

There's nothing aparently, I only got http/200 status and 302.
Everything seems OK!

> and it does work for smaller files?

Yes, it does with a 3.5 Mb file

Tuesday 11 February 2003 3:16:36 am

> Are there any errors in the webserver logs?

There's nothing aparently, I only got http/200 status and 302.
Everything seems OK!

> and it does work for smaller files?

Yes, it does with a 3.5 Mb file

Tuesday 11 February 2003 3:34:47 am

> > Are there any errors in the webserver logs?
>
> There's nothing aparently, I only got http/200 status and
> 302.
> Everything seems OK!

You may want to check the error log (for apache)

> > and it does work for smaller files?
>
> Yes, it does with a 3.5 Mb file

I'm guessing here as I do not have access to your system but I'd say that it is a resource related issue.

The system is running out of resources (memory/diskspace) and the process is not completing.

It seems that ezpublish relies on imagemagick for image processing and it may be running out of resources.

You may try uping the memory_limit in php.ini - I'm not sure if this will help - it usually generates a visable error if this is an issue.

Bruce

Tuesday 11 February 2003 3:53:47 pm

> You may want to check the error log (for apache)

There's nothig in apache error log only what I said earlier in apache access log.

> I'm guessing here as I do not have access to your system but
> I'd say that it is a resource related issue.
>
> The system is running out of resources (memory/diskspace)
> and the process is not completing.
>
> It seems that ezpublish relies on imagemagick for image
> processing and it may be running out of resources.
>
> You may try uping the memory_limit in php.ini - I'm not
> sure if this will help - it usually generates a visable
> error if this is an issue.

I've changed memory_limit to 50Mb, I can now upload 6.5 Mb files, but for larger files like 18 Mb theres a php warning :

Warning: PHP Feb 11 2003 09:49:01
Undefined variable: validatedAttributesLog in /<install dir>/kernel/content/attribute_edit.php on line 263
Warning: PHP Feb 11 2003 09:49:01
Undefined variable: OmitSectionSetting in /<install dir>/kernel/content/attribute_edit.php on line 273

Tuesday 11 February 2003 3:54:37 pm

> You may want to check the error log (for apache)

There's nothig in apache error log only what I said earlier in apache access log.

> I'm guessing here as I do not have access to your system but
> I'd say that it is a resource related issue.
>
> The system is running out of resources (memory/diskspace)
> and the process is not completing.
>
> It seems that ezpublish relies on imagemagick for image
> processing and it may be running out of resources.
>
> You may try uping the memory_limit in php.ini - I'm not
> sure if this will help - it usually generates a visable
> error if this is an issue.

I've changed memory_limit to 50Mb, I can now upload 6.5 Mb files, but for larger files like 18 Mb theres a php warning :

Warning: PHP Feb 11 2003 09:49:01
Undefined variable: validatedAttributesLog in /<install dir>/kernel/content/attribute_edit.php on line 263
Warning: PHP Feb 11 2003 09:49:01
Undefined variable: OmitSectionSetting in /<install dir>/kernel/content/attribute_edit.php on line 273

Tuesday 11 February 2003 3:55:35 pm

> You may want to check the error log (for apache)

There's nothig in apache error log only what I said earlier in apache access log.

> I'm guessing here as I do not have access to your system but
> I'd say that it is a resource related issue.
>
> The system is running out of resources (memory/diskspace)
> and the process is not completing.
>
> It seems that ezpublish relies on imagemagick for image
> processing and it may be running out of resources.
>
> You may try uping the memory_limit in php.ini - I'm not
> sure if this will help - it usually generates a visable
> error if this is an issue.

I've changed memory_limit to 50Mb, I can now upload 6.5 Mb files, but for larger files like 18 Mb theres a php warning :

Warning: PHP Feb 11 2003 09:49:01
Undefined variable: validatedAttributesLog in /<install dir>/kernel/content/attribute_edit.php on line 263
Warning: PHP Feb 11 2003 09:49:01
Undefined variable: OmitSectionSetting in /<install dir>/kernel/content/attribute_edit.php on line 273

Tuesday 11 February 2003 4:10:08 pm

In apache error log, it says :

invalid method in request ------------------- 7d3108102022a

Tuesday 11 February 2003 10:58:38 pm

> > You may want to check the error log (for apache)
>
> There's nothig in apache error log only what I said earlier
> in apache access log.
>
> > I'm guessing here as I do not have access to your
> system but
> > I'd say that it is a resource related issue.
> >
> > The system is running out of resources
> (memory/diskspace)
> > and the process is not completing.
> >
> > It seems that ezpublish relies on imagemagick for
> image
> > processing and it may be running out of resources.
> >
> > You may try uping the memory_limit in php.ini - I'm
> not
> > sure if this will help - it usually generates a
> visable
> > error if this is an issue.
>
> I've changed memory_limit to 50Mb, I can now upload 6.5 Mb
> files, but for larger files like 18 Mb theres a php warning
> :

So it does look like a memory resource issue. I guess you will have to increase the memory_limit until you can process the size of the files you want. You may have to add more memory to your system blunk.gif Emoticon

My guess is the lines below are due to the failure of the upload.

Bruce
>
> Warning: PHP Feb 11 2003 09:49:01
> Undefined variable: validatedAttributesLog in /<install
> dir>/kernel/content/attribute_edit.php on line 263
> Warning: PHP Feb 11 2003 09:49:01
> Undefined variable: OmitSectionSetting in /<install
> dir>/kernel/content/attribute_edit.php on line 273

Wednesday 12 February 2003 5:48:34 am

Thanks Bruce,

I'll check and get back to you with that!

Thursday 13 February 2003 3:03:58 pm

I have to find a solution to upload very large files in the future. The files are video files and can be over 50 mb. I looking for a good solution to upload those.

My idea:
Write an applet. That applet gets the file. Splits it in pieces. And transfers it over SOAP to ez. ez will builds the complete file again out of the pieces(server thread to large?).

When it comes to serving I would say that can't be done by php because of the size. I am right? Some Apache thread with 50mb isn't that wise. I thought of an streaming server like darwin to do that.

Has anyone of you a better idea?

Thursday 11 December 2003 10:31:04 am

Any final solution found?
How should I go?

Thursday 11 December 2003 9:26:10 pm

Hm, i just can tell you: I am able to uploade a 11 MB file, after raising the PHP max_post_size and max_upload_size (i think).
No problem, but the system has lots of memory.

expandshrink

You must be logged in to post messages in this topic!

36 542 Users on board!

Forums menu

Proudly Developed with from